Smartphones have their apps, Web browsers have their apps, shells don’t. With Metabrik, we tried to merge the power of shells with the power of the Perl language by creating a platform allowing to quickly write reusable Briks.
- Glue the Perl language with a shell
- Give a standardised API to write reusable Briks
- Self-documented Briks to make them easy to use
- Only 4 main shell commands to remember: use, set, get, run
- Completion on Brik names, Commands and Attributes
- Completion on file manipulation
- Completion on Perl variable names
- Command history and recalling
- Customization support with a .rc file
- Scripting support
- Multiple Brik repositories support
Metabrik helps you to concentrate on scenarios instead of wasting your time searching how to use a program. You just have to reuse available Briks to perform your everyday job.
The two main ideas behind Metabrik are:
- You have the brain, code has the details
- Do it once